If you are looking for the perfect spot for your next holiday, one place you should certainly consider is Canada. Choosing a good family vacation spot can be difficult, as you need to make sure the area is safe and that it caters to all ages. Canada is somewhere that certainly ticks all of the boxes. Read on to discover everything you need to know about visiting this location…
Safety in Canada – Whenever you are visiting somewhere with children, safety is going to be one of your main priorities. This is where Canada excels when compared with a lot of other popular tourist destinations. Violent crime in Canada is exceptionally low. In fact, it is virtually non-existent in the popular ski resorts and holiday spots. The only thing you do need to be mindful of is pickpockets, which is the case for most places today!
Accommodation to suit all requirements – Finding a good hotel for families can be a challenge. There are lots of hotels that only accommodate two people per room – three at a push. You are likely to need a family room or connecting rooms, and this can be difficult to find. Luckily, there are so many amazing accommodation options in Canada, so you won’t have any trouble finding something for your family and your budget. Quebec City Marriott Downtown is a good choice, as this is situated in an amazing location. Old Quebec City is truly majestic – and a spot that your children will love. Plus, you won’t be far from Montreal, meaning you will have lots more to explore.
Family attractions – Finally, and most importantly, let’s take a look at some of the best family attractions in Canada. One of the great things about this country is the sheer diversity of things to do and see. This includes everything from sporting events to seeing polar bears migrate. It is a wonderful place to say the very least. Some of the best places to visit as a family are as follows…
- Science World in Vancouver
- Splashdown Park in Greater Vancouver. This is the only waterslide park in the area. It offers attractions such as the Rampslide, The Black Hole Tube Slides, Big Jim’s River Run, and much more. You will also find a giant hot tub, a pool, volleyball courts, and a park for little tykes.
- Playland, which is a 15-acre amusement park, also in Vancouver.
- La Ronde, an amusement park with over 40 attractions in Montreal.
- Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa.
- Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto.
- Ontario Science Center in North York.
- Canada’s Wonderland in Vaughan. This is a place with shows, games, rides, roller coasts, concerts, cultural festivals, and more.
- Ontario Place, which is a seasonal entertainment complex in Toronto.
- Santa’s Village Family Entertainment Park in Toronto.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding regarding what Canada has to offer families, as well as some useful tips you can make the most of when booking your next holiday. One thing is for sure; you and your little ones are bound to have an amazing time.